Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Photography Anecdote

Picture a photography exhibit with photographers standing by as representatives of their art. A visitor says to one of the photographers, "These are really great photographs you took! You must have an excellent (i.e. expensive) camera."

Okay, if this makes you feel sorry for the photographer--I'm with you. But if you agree with the visitor, then you simply don't understand that there's a whole lot more to it than simply having a great camera.

You can take great photographs with a cheap camera if you know how its done. And that my friend, is how I started out. Cheap camera's, no money, no knowledge, and no skills. But along the way I did manage to get in a few lucky shots. And I had a lot of fun.

But now it's getting more serious. I want that excellent camera and I will obtain it by learning to take really great photographs with a cheap camera. And I'll share with you what I've learned every step of the way. Sound good?

No comments:

Post a Comment