Thursday, May 21, 2009

Making money with photography

So, you want to make money with photography? One thing you have to understand is that you are going to hear a lot of criticism on your work before you get to the level of pro. And you will have to accept it and not take it so personal.

How and why would you do that? You steel yourself for the criticism and revel in the praise. You need the criticism in order to know what areas you need to improve on. If they tell you your picture isn't crisp enough, sharp enough, or your highlights are blown....whatever it is, you read up on that and you apply what you learned to future photographs.

That is how you take photos that are good enough for someone to be willing to pay you for it. If you want it bad enough, you keep going and never give up. Do that and you will succeed.

2 comments:

  1. Pexels is a free stock photography website.
    It wasn’t until last year that I learned about this site (thanks to a reader), and I’m so glad I did.
    I absolutely love Pexels. It’s the only website I use when I need free stock images for my blog posts.
    I think this could actually be one of the most useful websites for bloggers. Especially in a time where visuals are a must for your blog content.
    Images on Pexels are free for personal and commercial use. They can be modified, distributed, and do not require attribution.
    If you’re looking for more websites that offer free images, check out my post Where to Find Free Images for Your Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete